Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the start of something


Mimo
started out in the year 2000 as a sock with no clothing, brought to life by yours truly, as a gift to a friend. (He didn't really have a name at first. In '03 I named him Mimo, which is mime in spanish.) Over the next few years, Mimo donned felt fruit-shaped patches with smiles and worked his way into my friends' hearts. I charged 10$...but not actually. it's hard to take money from your friends when you can just give them something fun you've made.

In 2003, I found that Mimo was certainly a photogenic babe. Finally I made one for myself, giving him a striped shirt and matching socks. He even has a little felt heart tattoo underneath his clothing. Mimo followed me around to old abandoned asylums in central MA and found the cupboards and rusty cabinets a fun and interesting place to creep out. He even spent some time in the library where I used to work, posing with his friends such as Mama Goose Princess and Puff Dragon (who will later make an appearance).

More Polaroids will surface soon. There are some real gems for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment